If you need paternity test results that can be used as a legal document (for example, to change the name on the birth certificate or to obtain child support and other benefits), a Legal DNA Test needs to be performed.
Unlike the Home DNA Test, where tested parties collect their own samples at their convenience, the Legal DNA Test follows a Chain of Custody documentation process to ensure that you receive accurate and legally defensible results.
There are a number of reasons as to why you may need a legal DNA test. The most important thing is to make sure that you choose the right AABB certified lab partner to guide you through the legal dna testing process.
If you fall into any of the following areas you can rest assured that the Paternity Lab Center is fully capable of assisting you with your legal DNA testing needs:
- Paternity suit
- Challenging paternity
- Court ordered DNA test
- Child support
- Getting child support
- Stop payments of child support
- Death benefits
- Disability benefits
- Insurance benefits
- Will & Estate
- Child custody
- Getting child custody
- Child Visitation rights
- Adding name to birth certificate
- Removing name from birth certificate
- Paternal rights
- Grand parentage
The Paternity Lab Center's legal DNA testing results are acceptable in any court of law nationwide. Following a strict chain of custody we do the following to protect the rights of all parties involved and insure that our results are court admissible:
- Take pictures of all parties
- Take photo copies of all identifications
- Utilize third parties for collection and witnesses
- Get the signatures of all parties involved
- Sign and seal samples sent to the Lab
- Provide you a notarized document showing that all the steps were taken to make sure the results are considered official and legal.
If you are in need of legal DNA testing choose a lab that is going to give you the peace of mind and professionalism you deserve. Call the Paternity Lab Center today for your free consultation and pricing.